We are constantly receiving child safety seats to try out and review. Recently we received the Oobr fullback booster seat. Upon opening the box, I was very impressed by the looks of this luxury booster. It reminded me somewhat of a modern airline seat. I wonder if that is what the folks at Clek had in mind. The fullback booster can also convert to a backless booster.
A unique feature of the Oobr booster is that it is equipped with LATCH anchors. The anchors don’t make the booster seat any safeer as far as installation and protecting your child, but they serve to protect you when your child is not in their seat. When using a Booster without your child sitting in it, you should always buckle the seat belt anyway, so in case you are involved in a crash the seat doesn’t become a projectile. The LATCH anchors protect you from this scenario and keep the seat in a stable position.
Oobr Safety Highlights
- Raises your child 4 in./10 cm. to improve in-vehicle shoulder belt fit
- Better positions the seat belt on the child’s hips to improve safety
- Locks into place to provide additional booster seat stability in a collision
- Confirms that latches are locked with an audible “click”
- Provides a secure connection even when booster seat is not occupied
- Meets all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Rated a “Best-Bet” in 2009, 2010 and 2011 by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
Child Height, Weight and Age — Fullback
Height Weight Recommended Age 38-57 in.
min. 4 years old
Child Height, Weight and Age — Backless
Booster seat laws vary by state. Please check your local booster seat laws. Height Weight Recommended Age 40-57 in.
min. 4 years old
The Oobr is available online, and ranges in price from $274 all the way up to $499, if you go with a leather material or their specialty editions.
If you can afford the “Mercedes of Boosters” this is the seat for you.